With this blog post, we would like to announce the creation of the Jean Monnet Network on EU law Enforcement (EULEN).
EULEN is an initiative of 9 Universities from 8 European countries. This network’s thematic focus is twofold. On the one hand, its activities will focus on a number of selected policy areas where the mentioned trends and implications have had a role to play:
- The University of Warsaw, Poland (dr. M. Bernatt and dr. L. Zoboli), and Bocconi University, Milan, Italy (prof. dr. F. Ghezzi and dr. M. Maggiolino) will coordinate the topic of the enforcement in the area of EU competition law;
- King’s College London, the United Kingdom (prof. dr. A. Turk and dr. O. Stefan) will coordinate the topic of enforcement of EU banking and financial services law;
- The University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg (prof. dr. K. Ligeti and Mr. F. Giuffrida) will coordinate the topic of protection of the EU’s financial interest;
- The University of Deusto, Bilbao, Spain (prof. J. Abrisqueta Uriarte, dr. D. Fernández Rojo and dr. J. López Rodríguez) will coordinate the topic of migration, border management and asylum).
EULEN aims to:
- promote academic cooperation and identify the common trends and best practices, as well as develop new insights and models to meet the identified challenges,
- commit today’s practitioners to the network’s approach and goals, as well as develop trainings to help them to adjust to the quickly changing enforcement landscape,
- educate tomorrow’s practitioners and academics to take up leading roles in EU law enforcement structures, and to
- inform societies on the tremendous importance of law enforcement in an increasingly borderless world.
We are please to invite you to the opening of the Jean Monnet Network on enforcement of EU law (EULEN) that will take place on January 16th and 17th, 2020 at Ultrecht University (the Netherlands). This opening event presents and discusses the network's plans and ideas as well as offers a networking possibility for all its participants. Please have a look at the detailed program in the attached invitation. You can register to attend the event via EULEN@UU.NL.