Proposal for a Council Recommendation on operational police cooperation
On 8 December 2021, the European Commission presented a proposal for a Council Recommendation on operational police cooperation.
In general, the aim of the proposal is to:
- clarify and align the rules of engagement in joint operations across national territories;
- enchance the role of the Police Customs Cooperation Centres;
- build a framework to permit the remote access of police officers to their own databases, while providing secure communications;
- use targeted joint patrols and other joint operations;
- create a coordination platform; and
- enhance joint training and exchange programmes for police officers.
type: Proposal for a Council Recommendation
Reference number: COM(2021) 780 final
Issue date: 08-12-21
Uploads: COM(2021) 780 final