Council Recommendation (EU) 2022/915 of 9 June 2022 on operational law enforcement cooperation
On 8 December 2021, the Commission presented a proposal for a Council Recommendation on operational police cooperation. In general, the aim of the proposal is to:
- clarify and align the rules of engagement in joint operations across national territories;
- enhance the role of the Police Customs Cooperation Centres;
- build a framework to permit the remote access of police officers to their own databases, while providing secure communications;
- use targeted joint patrols and other joint operations;
- create a coordination platform; and
- enhance joint training and exchange programmes for police officers.
On 9 June 2022, the Council adopted the recommendation which was published in the Official Journal on 13 June 2022.
type: Council Recommendation
Reference number: Council Recommendation (EU) 2022/915
Issue date: 09-06-22
Official Journal: OJ L 158, 13.6.2022, p. 53–64